A free webinar featuring five leading Taiwanese woodworking machine manufacturers with various smart technologies is scheduled to take place on June 11, 2020 on Taiwan Smart Machinery website:
Taiwan has taken a pivotal position in the international woodworking machinery market. In 2019, Taiwan’s export value of woodworking machinery reached US$583 million, accounting for 7.3 percent of global exports and taking fourth place in the world alongside Germany, China, and Italy. As an export-oriented industry, the export value of woodworking machinery accounts for over 80 percent of its total output.
There are more than 300 woodworking machinery manufactures in Taiwan. Over 80 percent of them are located in Taichung, where there is a large industrial cluster consisting of a complete value chain with advantages of flexible and efficient R&D innovation, production, and after-service support. Thanks to its synergy, Taiwanese woodworking machines are highly competitive in terms of both quality and pricing.
In response to increasing global competition, Taiwan woodworking machinery is now heading towards the era of Industry 4.0 by integrating machines with sensors, controllers, automatic equipment, and ICT technology for strengthening customers’ smart manufacturing and innovative business models. Speakers will present their state-of-the-art smart technologies:
- LEADERMAC is a world-class four-sided molder manufacturer with 17 patents related to woodworking machinery. Their new series of four-sided molders apply self-developed software that responds to the shape of cutters and creates three-dimensional wood grain. Their “Intellectual Machinery IoT Platform” allows platform operators to tackle issues that arise from remote machines.
- INNOVATOR‘s Smart Veneer Faces Production Line not only reduces labor costs, but also minimizes the breakage of veneer faces with manual carrying. With optimized double knife veneer, guillotine, crossfeed veneer splicer and edge trimming technology, the line brings a typical ten-person process down to just two or three people.
- KUANG YUNG‘s “Optimizing Cut-Off Machine System” is equipped with a scanner for finding defects in wood. The scanner then analyzes the problems through software, sending the signal to the feeding side. Signals pass through the control system to command machines, start cutting action, and send the message again to the discharge side to control the following actions.
- STIRLING has developed a glued laminated timber production line with advanced automation technology and smart robots.
- ANDERSON‘s fully-automated processing line has a multi-bunk loading system, auto-labeling, CNC processing center, unloading system, and palletizing system with fully-integrated production.
We welcome you to join the event to learn more about the latest trends in Taiwan smart woodworking machinery!